Position Title:Facilities Operations Assistant
Department:MSC (Student Center)
Reports To:Facilities Operations Supervisor
Purpose of Position
To assist the Facilities Operation Supervisor with the coordination of physical arrangements for all meetings/programs and provide support with housekeeping staff as needed.
- Makes daily physical arrangements for room reservations to include the set-up and tear down of tables and chairs.
- Washes and dries table skirting, covers and special dining napkins and irons the same.
- Maintains table arrangements, silver and table decorations.
- Sets-up heavy protable staging as needed.
- Maintains all light fixtures. Replaces bulbs as needed.
- Maintains and repairs ceiling tiles as needed.
- Maintains and repairs some furniture and fixtures as needed.
- Assists conference leaders in brining in and setting special materials for conferences.
- Greets and assists students when possible.
- Works as directed on Saturdays to assist with special university programs.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 0-1 year related experience. Ability to properly use cleaning equipment and make minor repairs. Knowledge of room set up and preparation preferred.
Supervision of Personnel