Position Title:Facilities Operations Assistant
Department:MSC (Student Center)
Reports To:Assistant Director, Sam Rayburn Student Center
Purpose of Position
To assist the Facilities Operation Supervisor with the coordination of physical arrangements for all meetings, programs and events for the daily operation of the Sam Rayburn Student Center.
- Makes daily physical arrangements for room reservations to include the set-up/break-down of tables, chairs, staging, platforms and screens.
- Maintains a clean and organized Laundry Area. Wash and dry table skirting, covers and napkins, as needed. Iron items for a uniform appearance.
- Regularly inspect rooms scheduled for appropriate arrangements accordint to the Daily Set-up Worksheet.
- Assists with keeping storage rooms clean, neat and organized.
- Supervises student employees.
- Familiarity with services and resources available at the student center.
- Assists in signage directing guests to specific locations within the student center.
- Asssts in monitoring activity in the student center.
- Reports any employee concerns problems or equipment missing or broken to immediate supervisor.
- Works as directed on evening and weekends to assists with event management.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 0-1 year related experience. Ability to properly use cleaning equipment and make minor repairs. Knowledge of room set up and preparation preferred.
Supervision of Personnel