Position Title:Facilities Project Manager
Reports To:Executive Director of Facilities
Purpose of Position
Responsible for planning and coordinating activities of designated campus projects to ensure that goals/objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. Serves as the University liaison to the Texas A&M Systems Office on capital projects and manages/inspects non-system capital projects. The position serves as a member of the university planning team, and Facilities on-site representative during the construction process.
- Assists faculty and staff to clearly define project requests.
- Helps departments develop rationale to support the priority established for a requested project.
- Develops or oversees the development of appropriate plans and specifications for priority projects.
- Using standard and current cost-estimating techniques, prepares a cost estimate for priority projects.
- Oversees the timely completion and compliance with plans and specifications of approved and funded projects.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for projects.
- Maintains regular communication with all requestors for all projects, approved and pending, or in progress.
- Maintains and develops real-time status reporting system for all projects.
- Coordinates all physical plant input and plan review during the Program of Requirements (POR) and design phases of Texas A&M System capital construction projects.
- Attends all progress meeting for System Capital projects and regularly attends inspections of the on-going project. Acts as the university’s primary representative to the System inspector and project manager, involving Facilities staff as required. Provides progress reports to the Executive Director.
- Inspects local projects, involves Facilities staff as required, reviews and recommends approval of pay applications to the Executive Director.
- When assigned, acts as liaison between architects, contractors and university staff during major maintenance projects. This includes any major renovations of existing facilities. Assists project coordinator with minor renovation and Job Order Contract (JOC) projects as required.
- Provides internal consulting services, preparation of plans and specifications, and administration of construction contracts for campus facilities.
- Maintains electronic and paper files for Record Documents and Operation and maintenance Manuals for Completed Projects.
- Performs other work as assigned by Executive Director of Facilities.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field. An equivalent combination of training and experience will substitute for bachelorÔ??s degree. Requires five years experience in the construction industry managing, or supervising construction projects in the range of $250 thousand to $10 million dollars. Must be well organized, process oriented and competent in verbal and written communications with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Outlook and BSD Spec-Link software. Must be experienced in the uses of AutoCAD and estimating using RS Means (or other unit price data) and appropriate computer techniques and software. Must be able to work with people of diverse personalities and have the ability to work well with contractors and Facilities staff. Requires sensitivity to individual needs of customers. Master in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management preferred. Experience in higher education or government agency preferred. Professional Engineer certification, Architectural Registration or Management Planner preferred.
Supervision of Personnel