Position Title:Financial Aid Advisor (Loans)
Reports To:Director of Financial Aid
Purpose of Position
Assists with the administration and processing of all student loans which include, but are not limited to the Direct Subsidized and Unsubsized Federal Student Loans, PLUS (Parent Loans for Students), CAL( College Access Loans), Alternative Loans, and Texas B-On-Time Loans.
- Assists with all aspects of the student loan delivery system in the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- Calculates and repackages student loans due to overaward situations.
- Prepares federal, state, and institutional reports concerning student loans.
- Responsible for Importing and Exporting Data to COD (Common Origination & Disbursement System).
- U.S. Department of Education) for processing financial aid packages.
- Responsible for all EFT student loan disbursements and for returning necessary funds.
- Reviews student loan reports and reconciles on a daily basis.
- Advises and counsels students regarding the student loan process.
- Responsible for conducting Entrance and Exit Loan Sessions and for implementing and maintaining a student loan default prevention plan.
- Conducts presentations on and off campus.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a BachelorÔ??s Degree with two to three years of job related experience in financial aid. Thirty hours of college credit and four years experience in financial aid will substitute for BachelorÔ??s degree. BachelorÔ??s Degree in Business, Accounting, or MIS preferred. Demonstrated professional work experience in a financial aid office, banking environment or the student loan industry preferred. Must have the ability to organize and set priorities, maintain records, and interpret and prepare reports. Must be detail oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience conducting presentations to large groups preferred. Knowledge of federal and state financial aid rules and regulations preferred. A strong commitment to customer service and community relations required. Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient with MS Office Suite. Must have working knowledge of automated financial aid processing systems such as SunGard Banner Student Information System. Knowledge of the COD (Common Origination & Disbursement System) and Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Program, AdvanTG.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises from one (1) to three (3) student workers.