Position Title:Financial Aid Advisor (Outreach)
Reports To:Financial Aid Advisor (Outreach)
Purpose of Position
Responsible for advising and providing student financial aid and scholarship information to prospective and currently enrolled students and their families.
- Coordinates and conducts presentations on and off campus to groups regarding the financial aid and scholarship supplication process.
- Utilizes professional judgment to solve complex financial aid problems.
- Responsible for advising students at Navarro Jr. College in Corsicana and in Midlothian. Also responsible for servicing students at the UCD and the Metroplex.
- Provides one on one and group financial aid and scholarship advising to high school students and their parents.
- Works with high school counselors in order to assist students in completing their FAFSA’s and in answering financial aid and scholarship questions.
- Prepares weekly reports for the Director of the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
BachelorÔ??s degree required. Prefer degree in Education, Communications, Public Relations or related field. Requires one to two (1-2) years of job related experience. Experience working in a student financial aid environment or counseling at the high school or college level required. Knowledge of financial aid programs and federal regulations relating to student aid. Prefer experience in presenting financial aid and scholarship information to pre-college students and their families. Requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Requires strong customer service and public presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to plan, initiate and organize programs and events. Must be able to work independently. Must have the ability to set priorities, maintain records, and interpret and prepare reports. Must perform accurately in a detail oriented environment. Prefer bilingual in Spanish and English.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervise from one to three (1-3) student workers.