Position Title:Financial Aid Assistant/Financial Aid
Reports To:Assistant Director of Financial Aid/Scholarships
Purpose of Position
To provide administrative support for all matters pertaining to the processing of student financial aid, including, but not limited to federal student loan processing. Works with Financial Aid Advisors, Assistant Directors and Director.
- Responsible for the data entry of student loan application information.
- Verifies documentation for the determination of student financial aid eligibility.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies with verification documentation and student loan disbursements.
- Corresponds with students regarding the verification and the student loan application process.
- Responsible for providing customer service at the front office area.
- Responsible for scanning confidential student documents.
- Updates student loan Entrance and Exit counseling information in Banner Student Information System.
- Verifies student default status in the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) to two (2) years of job related experience. Prefer a working knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations, policies and procedures. Must be detail oriented and posses the ability to multi-task competing priorities in a fast paced environment. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Prefer bilingual in Spanish and English. Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
Supervision of Personnel