Position Title:Financial Aid Assistant/Financial Aid
Reports To:Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Purpose of Position
To provide administrative support for all matters pertaining to the Financial Aid Office, including, but not limited to service to students in obtaining financial aid, assisting counselors, working with Assistant Directors and Director.
- Documents all student files for general eligibility and satisfactory academic progress.
- Verifies information in files selected by the Department of Education in accordance with the Federal Verification Guide.
- Coordinates and reviews student files for scholarship approval. Coordinates with scholarship office to determine overawards. Oversees document imaging/scanning/indexing.
- Enters and coordinates all data entry related to student files.
- Maintains flow of files and serve students in a timely manner.
- Processes incoming award letters which includes mailing, receiving, recording and routing..
- Supervises the filing of all incoming documents pertaining to a student’s file.
- Performs all preliminary file checks and sends appropriate correspondence to students.
- Oversees work study program.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) to two (2) years of job related experience. A thorough and working knowledge of Federal, State of Texas, and Texas A&M University-Commerce laws, regulations, practices and procedures pertaining to student Financial Aid a plus. A high level of interpersonal and oral communication skills essential. A thorough and working knowledge of computerized Student Information System (SIS) helpful. The initiative to keep abreast of all changing regulations is required.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervise one (1) to three (3) student workers and 2 GA‚??s.