Position Title:Financial Reporting Accountant
Reports To:Director of Financial Reporting
Purpose of Position
Performs financial compilations, financial analysis and review of financial transactions to insure that institutional financial reporting is reliable. Supports financial reporting for Texas A&M University-Commerce 501(c)(3) Organizations. Assists in maintaining a system providing equitable allocations of Foundation and Alumni Association investment earnings. Performs work requiring the application of concepts, practices and terminology of accounting.
- Requires financial analysis and review of accounting transactions recorded by Financial Services.
- Responsible for preparation of internal and external monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for the Texas A&M University-Commerce Foundation and Alumni Association. This includes the annual CASE report, tax returns and quarterly Gifts and Grants report.
- Prepares monthly System Endowment Fund deposits and transfers made to the Texas A&M University-Commerce Foundation and Alumni Association to System. This updates the Endowment and Quasi Endowment account balances invested through the System Endowment Fund.
- Reconciles Foundation and Alumni Association account balances to Texas A&M University’s System Endowment Fund on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation of documents and assistance to outside auditors during annual audit process.
- Responsible for all transactions relating to Foundation and Alumni Association accounts. This includes setting up new accounts, transfers, deposits, expenditures, In-Kind gifts and pledges.
- Provides assistance in monitoring Foundation and Alumni Association accounts for inaccuracies and deficits.
- Prepares quarterly investment income allocations for the Foundation and Alumni Association to approximately 500 accounts.
- Assists in filing the annual IRS Form 990 for the Foundation and Alumni Association.
- Responsible for reconciling Raiser’s Edge to FAMIS for all Foundation and Alumni Association accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of supporting schedules included in the Annual Financial Report (AFR) and Legislative Appropriations Request (LAR) for Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- Prepared various reconciliations and reports as needed by management.
- Serves as a member of the institutional accounting team.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma and six (6) hours of accounting or one (1) year of accounting experience, preferably in higher education. A bachelorÔ??s degree in a business related field is preferred. Requires excellent computer skills to include expertise in spreadsheets, databases, word processing, etc. Requires excellent written communications skills and analytical skills. Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines is required.
Supervision of Personnel