Position Title:FMLA/Leave Coordinator
Reports To:Asst VP for Business/Director HR
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing assistance to aid and service faculty, staff and students. Prepares reports and records and maintains data. Performs standard and minor assistance as information provider, gathering data and data entry. Works with confidential data.
- Maintains all records on accrued leave time and longevity for faculty and staff on Commerce and Metroplex campuses. Maintains information related to leave on The A&M System online leave reporting system. Maintains records of all employee’s vacation, sick, compensatory, FMLA time and unpaid absence for payroll calculation. Maintains records and documentation on Worker's Compensation claims. Keeps record of Sick Leave Pool donations, deductions and running balance for faculty and staff and responsible for all correspondence concerning Sick Leave Pool. May assist new employees with payroll information forms W-4’s, I.N.S., direct deposit, retirement, and other requirements. Obtains previous state employment on new employees and records data for longevity and retirement purposes. Informs payroll of all accrued time for terminating employees to ensure correct payment of final check. Counsels with secretaries, department heads and all employees on required reporting for time taken and accrued.
- Maintains records for Hepatitis and does reporting.
- Responsible for keeping all confidential Family Medical Leave Act records and Worker's Compensation claims. Maintains total hours used each month on each employee that is on FMLA or Worker's Compensation. Responsible for prompt confirmation of FMLA eligibility and associated benefits. Responsible for processing Worker's Compensation claims. Frequent personal contacts are made with an employee who is absent with illness that meets the FMLA or Worker's Compensation guidelines. Must remain updated on new laws regarding FMLA, ADA, Worker's Compensation, other laws effecting leave.
- Responsible for verification of leave documents submitted into LeaveTraq by employees. Assists employees in entering information into the System.
- Verifies all timesheets submitted by employees. Verifies the accuracy of information submitted. Assists employees with entering information when necessary.
- Occasionally handles cash transactions.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year related work experience. Good knowledge of basic office procedures required. Good communication skills and ability to produce neat and organized output of work necessary. High degree of confidentiality and accuracy required. This is a security-sensitive position. The individual in this position is required to handle Protected Health Information (PHI) as defined by HIPAA regulations. The individual is required to handle PHI in accordance with A&M System policy and is further required to complete HIPAA training as a condition of employment, within a reasonable timeframe after the individual‚??s employment, and on an as-needed basis thereafter.
Supervision of Personnel
May supervise students and assist with on the job training.