Position Title:Graduate Programs Admissions Coordinator
Department:COEHS (Education and Human Services)
Reports To:Dean, College of Education & Human Services
Purpose of Position
Coordinates and manages admissions to the graduate programs in the College of Education & Human Services, including student recruitment, admissions, and retention activities necessary to carry out the mission and strategic plan of the College of Education & Human Services.
- Responsible for monitoring departmental graduate student admission evaluation, student advising and retention for all graduate programs in the College of Education & Human Services.
- With assistance from the College of Education & Human Services dean’s office, establish annual goals, budget projections and marketing strategies.
- Prepares all necessary reports on enrollment trends, student demographics, etc., required by the dean’s office and/or accreditation agencies.
- Serves as the liaison between the graduate school, the dean’s office, and the various graduate program coordinators offered in the College of Education & Human Services, including the marketing of programs tracking graduate placement.
- Attend and represent the university, college and graduate programs in Education & Human Services at various recruiting and/or marketing events in the region served by Texas A&M University – Commerce.
- Oversees the proper and secure maintenance of student files/records and degree plans.
- Coordinates the College of Education & Human Services graduate student admission process between the Graduate School and the departments in the college.
- Reviews for completeness all student degree plans and requests for course substitutions before being sent to the Graduate School.
- As needed, counsel with students on matters of student-faculty relations, student behavior, student academic work, and other university procedures and policies.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a MasterÔ??s degree in a field of student relevant to the advising area. Must have at least five years experience, knowledge of student development, and a thorough institutional knowledge. Excellent computer, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Supervision of Personnel