Position Title:Graphics Designer
Reports To:Creative Services Director
Purpose of Position
To help create, design, develop and produce artwork for collateral materials in support of the university‚??s integrated brand. To assist creative services director in the art production of large projects such as the Pride magazine, president‚??s report and other high profile collateral. To be in charge of the creation, development and production of collateral projects such as post cards, mailers, invitations, programs, department brochures and Web site graphics.
- Designs, develops and produces creative concepts to be used in the development of all university-related printed and social media graphics.
- Provides production work for all printed materials used by Marketing Communications with careful attention to information/content design, typography, images/graphics and style.
- Reinforce templates for integrated branding and publications, advertising and other media-related projects.
- Build Marketing Communications portfolio so that all communications and messaging are consistent with the brand.
- Assists with production coordination and project process best practices that ensure smooth flow of collateral material development.
- Apply creative solutions and production expertise in developing consistent branding.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Bachelors degree with one to two (1-2) years experience in creative design department or company.. Adobe, Creative Suite (proficient with PhotoShop. Illustrator, InDesign), file management, page layout, composition/design principles, branding/integrated application, pre-press, post-production work. Creative problem solving, multi-tasking, time management, strong communication skills, and customer services skills.
Supervision of Personnel