Position Title:Ground Water Operator I
Reports To:Plumbing Foreman
Purpose of Position
Maintain water system and assist in installing, repairing, and replacing plumbing.
- Responsible for water treatment to maintain good water quality.
- Takes water samples, maintains records and prepares monthly reports.
- Monitors daily meter reading to accurately measure water usage.
- Installs, repairs and replaces piping and fittings.
- Assists in repairing water leaks, gas leaks, and sewer stoppages.
- Participates in setting and repairing of fire hydrants.
- Assists in replacing of plumbing and fixtures.
- Maintains pumping and water storage equipment.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years job related experience. A Grade C water certification required.. Must have a valid Texas driving license and good driving record. Plumbing license preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
No supervisory responsibility