Position Title:Groundskeeper I 50%
Reports To:Landscape Supervisor
Purpose of Position
To provide the necessary skills and labor for the maintenance of University grounds and related activities.
- Removes litter and cleans lawns, walks, curbs, drains, etc.
- Engages in grounds maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, planting, watering, and raking and disposing of leaves, limbs and refuse.
- Provides for installation of plant materials on campus grounds.
- Lifts and/or hauls rock dirt, lumber, tires or other items as needed.
- Operates heavy equipment under direction of Groundskeeper II or Supervisor.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 0-1 years related experience. Must have a valid Texas DriverÔ??s license and a good driving record. Requires some knowledge of small engine operation.
Supervision of Personnel