Position Title:Groundskeeper II
Reports To:Landscape Supervisor
Purpose of Position
Maintains assigned sections of university grounds and assures quality standards are maintained.
- Removes litter and cleans lawns, walks, curbs, and drains of all debris.
- Engages in grounds maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, planting and raking and disposing of leaves, limbs and refuse.
- Lifts and/or hauls rock dirt, lumber, tires or other items as needed.
- Confers with supervisor to coordinate activities.
- Operates or directs the use of all equipment such as loader, backhoe, grader, highlift, winch truck, forklift, dumptruck, riding mowers, tractor, air compressors and implements.
- Assumes responsibility of department and employees during supervisor’s absence. Assists and oversees in university special needs/events.
- Assists with departmental inventory.
- Assists, trains and directs Groundskeeper I employees in assigned areas and responsibilities. May recommend to supervisor distribution of awards or disciplinary action needed.
- Operates and directs use of vehicles, equipment, tools, and materials.
- Inspects and instructs proper and safe use of equipment.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2-3 years related experience. Requires a valid Texas DriverÔ??s license and a good driving record. Requires knowledge of small engine operation.
Supervision of Personnel
May provide leadership to Groundskeeper I.