Position Title:Groundskeeper III
Reports To:Landscape Supervisor
Purpose of Position
Position wil be required to focus on 1 of 3 main segments of Grounds Department (routine maintenance, landscape beautification and heavy equipment usage).
- Position will have designated area to clean and inspect.
- Handles routine maintenance of assigned area (mow,trim, etc.).
- Routine maintenance of trees, landscape and color areas including inspect, plant, trim, water and removal or replacement of trees and plants.
- Scheduling, prioritizing distribution or equipment.
- Maintains irrigation system by installing and repairing.
- Maintains parking lots including repairs and striping of curbs, crosswalks and signs.
- Applies insecticides as needed.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and three years (3) grounds or landscape experience. Valid drivers license. Understanding of landscape and irrigation preferred. Knowledge of ground equipment and operation preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
May provide leadership to Groundskeeper I and Groundskeeper II.