Position Title:Guidance Counselor
Reports To:Assistant Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing counseling and guidance to Mach III and Upward Bound participants.
- Provides personal, career, financial, and academic counseling and guidance to participants.
- Maintains complete document files on each participant.
- Administers program tests to all project participants.
- Performs home visits of all assigned participants.
- Provides transportation to project participants on a weekly basis utilizing university vans.
- Works closely with the faculty and staff of the target schools to ensure cooperation in providing for participants' needs.
- Attends all approved professional conferences.
- Contacts potential post-secondary institutions for bridge students.
- Works with the mentoring program.
- Provides student assistance within the classroom.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Bachelor degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field required and MasterÔ??s degree preferred with experience in teaching and counseling on the secondary level.
Supervision of Personnel