Position Title:Housing Maintenance Supervisor
Reports To:Director and Assistant Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for ensuring all physical facilities are operating efficiently and safely. Supervises all work to ensure quality performance
- Prioritizes and assigns incoming work orders and provides technical support and assistance for all employees.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Works on locks and makes keys when necessary.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of supplies through ordering and monitoring of distribution.
- Works with Physical Plant HVAC department to maintain boilers and chillers.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance (A/C filters, belts, etc.)
- Observes and enforces established safety procedures and policies.
- Assists in planning, developing and implementing new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization on all buildings.
- Performs electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC duties on all building.
- Estimates a budget for remodeling or upgrading existing equipment for future project.
- Plans, coordinates and implements all work needed to maintain a safe working electrical, heating and air conditioning systems.
- Trouble shoots, tests, replaces or repairs electrical equipment, circuits, appliances and machinery.
- Responsible for heating and air conditioning equipment and Freon recovery.
- Responsible for assisting in repairing water leaks, gas leads and sewer stoppages.
- Performs after hours service and is "on call" night and weekends. Remains prepared to respond to emergency calls (24 Hours).
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent seven to ten (7-10) years experience in HVAC equipment with general knowledge in carpentry, plumbing, electrical work and lock systems. Requires three to four (3-4) years supervisor experience. Requires a universal Freon recovery license.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises four (4) maintenance personnel