Position Title:HVAC Foreman
Reports To:Assistant Director or Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for all HVAC work to include all new construction, remodel and repair jobs on main campus and shares responsibility in the housing facilities.
- Prioritize and assigns incoming work orders. Schedules technicians for on-call list.
- Assists with interviewing prospective employees
- Responsible for using and maintaining energy management system (EMS) to control environment of buildings and conserve energy.
- Responsible for refrigerant inventory and usage records which includes refrigerant recovery and transition and proper disposal of contaminated refrigerant and oil. Responsible for ensuring PM program is developed and followed.
- Orders and inventories HVAC supplies, equipment and tools.
- Trains and guides HVAC technician. Annually completes employee evaluations for HVAC team. Handles HVAC team employees.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Five to seven (5-7) years related experience. Must have knowledge of refrigeration principles, regulations, and management practices. Must have a valid Texas driverÔ??s license with a good driving record. May require work after hours, weekends, holidays, and emergency situations. Refrigerant recovery license required.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises the HVAC I, II and III technicians.