Position Title:Inventory Control Coordinator
Reports To:Business Manager
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the receiving, distribution, assigning of inventory numbers, and labels to all property received by the University. Accountable for all Physical Plant inventory including consumable property and surplus inventory for the University. Responsible for the movement of all property on and off the campus including the organization and dispersal of University auction items as well as the auction itself. Responsible for the purchasing and requisitioning of all Physical Plant consumables and supplies.
- Responsile for maintaining MSDS library up to date. Responsible for ordering materials with current MSDS sheets on file whenever possible (instead of new materials). Responsible for quarantine of products without MSDS on file. Responsible for obtaining MSDS and making any notifications as required.
- Responsible (with delivery personnel) that all freight delivered on campus is in good condition and reaches final destination properly labeled and according to established tracking policies and procedures.
- Maintains the organization and appropriate inventory levels of the physical plant warehouse. Completes daily order requests. Responsible for administrating procedures to reduces pilferage and unaccountable losses.
- Responsible for all physical plant inventory of equipment reported to University Property manager. Responsible for administrating procedures to record and track any equipment loaned to employees, departments, or other entities.
- Forecast estimates and coordinates ordering all equipment and supplies for the physical plant to ensure adequate levels for daily operations.
- Responsible for the Physical Plant stockroom budget.
- Coordinates the organization and cleaning of the warehouse.
- Maintains computer inventory records of all deletions and transfers of physical plant properties.
- Compiles data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports. Maintains a computer inventory for purchasing, shipping and other records. Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of materials, equipment and merchandise or supplies. Computes inventory balance, price and cost. Prepares inventory balance reports, prices lists and shortages.
- Responsible for the assignment of “Inventory Numbers” and Property ID labels” to all university purchases as mandated by state inventory control policies. Also responsible for reporting this information to the “University Property Manager” in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the coordination for the yearly surplus auction with various departments on campus, organizing and arranging auction items into lots, inventory of auction items, and removal of items auctioned. Responsible for contacting the auctioneer and arranging for employees to work at the auction.
- Responsible for developing computerized spread sheets and databases to meed the needs of each department in the physical plant.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school or equivalent with five to severn (5-7) years experience in business management, inventory control preferred. Computer skills necessary, prefer working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Access. Must have a Texas drivers license and a good driving record. Bachelor degree preferred.
Supervision of Personnel