Position Title:KETR - Producer/Chief Announcer
Reports To:General Manager
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the production and oversight of audio projects live and pre-produced at KETR FM Radio.
- Operates broadcast control board as assigned.
- Produces and hosts radio programming as assigned.
- Coordinates the production of any and all underwriting copy, according to FCC regulations and contracts.
- Produces “liners” and “promos” for prerecorded weekly “features” local features/specials, generic promos & PSAs, underwriter announcement, updates “weather-line” service, and records news “stringers” reports, etc.
- Produces local shows including music and special programming.
- Conducts interviews with practitioners and educators of jazz music for locally produced/edited “specials”: occasional live on-air interviews.
- Corresponds with various promoters, producers, practitioners, etc.
- Anchors live newscasts when necessary.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with three to five (3-5) years of job related experience. Must have a working knowledge of jazz history, practitioners, and recordings. Must be able to operate radio control board, production board, all peripherals, and log transmitter readings.
Supervision of Personnel
No supervisory responsibility.