Position Title:Key Control Technician
Reports To:Director Facilities Management
Purpose of Position
Develop lock systems and key control for ultimate University security.
- Repairs door closures and door lock systems.
- Opens all offices, filing cabinets, desks, etc. in the event keys are lost or unavailable.
- Operates key machine to make keys.
- Maintains records of key distribution and duplication.
- Replace cores, locks, or keys as necessary.
- Complete work orders and return in a timely manner.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and three to five (3-5) years related experience. Must have locksmith certification.
Supervision of Personnel
No supervisory responsibility.