Position Title:Key Control/Shipping Receiving Supervisor
Reports To:Director Facilities Management
Purpose of Position
Develop lock systems and key control for ultimate University security and provides efficient movement of freight and materials throughout campus including remote sites.
- Coordinates key control systems. Meets with UPD, Residence Life, Academic, or Auxiliary representatives to evaluate their security/key access needs and provides solutions. Develops master keying system for locks for campus. Investigates and provides input for different options for security of building and rooms.
- Coordinates movement of material (freight/deliveries/supplies/set up equipment/etc.) from warehouse to campus and remote sites. Ensures efficient and timely movement of materials to needed areas, including daily deliveries of UPS, FedEX and other carriers packages to destination. Ensures step-ups (chairs, tables, etc.) are completed on time and to satisfaction of customer.
- Maintains records of key distribution and duplication, including key cuts. Operates key machine to make keys.
- Coordinates key schedules for building with outside contractors.
- Orders all equipment and supplies relating to door closures, locks, keys , etc. Keeps inventory and manages minimal stock amounts.
- Repairs, installs and replaces door closures and door lock systems.
- Opens all offices, filing cabinets, desks, etc. in the event keys are lost or unavailable.
- Works with contractors, project personnel and others as necessary to provide lock needs.
- Organizes, coordinates and distributes work requests. Closes work requests as needed.
- Tracks safety, quality, productivity and costs indices. Develops plans to address issues.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and three to five (3-5) years related experience. Must have locksmith certification.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises other key control personnel, movers and delivery personnel.