Position Title:Laboratory Coordinator/Stockroom Manager - Physics
Reports To:Department Head
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the coordination and preparation of laboratory activities for physics and integrated science; maintains physics stockroom.
- Ensures materials and supplies are available for laboratory classes for both Physics and Integrated sciences. Advises faculty of potential problems related to experiments scheduled.
- Orders and receives all supplies and equipment for laboratory.
- Maintains Materials Safety Data (MSDS) sheets.
- Supervises and coordinates lab assistants.
- Conducts yearly inventory of laboratory. Assigns keys, equipment, and lab materials to lab assistants and students. Coordinates receiving money for broken equipment, preparing statements and deposits and tagging of student records.
- Maintains all laboratory equipment to assure proper operations.
- Monitors budgets and supplies balances when requested for planning purposes.
- Performs periodic safety checks.
- Assures laboratories are clean and organized.
- Assists faculty and graduate assistants with laboratory schedules and assignments.
- Coordinates with the maintenance department regarding repairs needed in the laboratory areas.
- Maintains inventory and control of physics stockroom.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelors degree with major or minor in Physics, Physical Science, or Engineering. MasterÔ??s degree preferred and one to three (1-3) years previous related experience. Supervisory experience preferred. Knowledge of science instructional and research equipment preferred. Requires strong laboratory expertise, computer skills and bookkeeping skills. Ability to interact effectively with faculty and students.
Supervision of Personnel
Graduate Assistants and lab assistants.