Position Title:Laborer I
Reports To:Landscape Supervisor/Inventory Control Coord
Purpose of Position
To provide for lawn maintenance, delivery and transportation of University inventory (i.e. renovation moves) from building to building and street repair.
- Assist with the operation of tractors, mowers, tailgate lift, elevators,freight elevators, pallet jacks, small hand tool machinery, asphalt packers and other warehouse, moving and grounds related equipment.
- Repairs streets and parking lots as needed.
- Assists with the delivery of heavy freight to departments as requested, including gas storage cylinders, hazardous chemicals, and all paper recycling materials
- Assists with the moving of any furniture.
- Assists with the repair of trash containers.
- Assists with preparing auditorium for graduation and other special events. Delivers diplomas, caps and gowns.
- Sets up tables and chairs at President's Home for special events (meeting, dinners, parties, etc.)
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with one to two (1-2) years related experience. Must have knowledge of operation of tractor and mower. Must have a valid Texas Driver;s license and good driving record.
Supervision of Personnel