Position Title:Laborer II-Automotive
Reports To:Transportation Supervisor
Purpose of Position
Assist Transportation Supervisor and mechanics with maintenance of motor pool vehicles.
- Services and cleans motor pool vans, cars and VIP transportation timely and efficiently. (Oil and filter/tires/etc.)
- Assists shop mechanics with testing, repairing and replacing equipment.
- Cleans work and non-work areas.
- Delivers parts to required locations.
- Pick up parts from suppliers
- Checks daily with University Police Department for motor pool use.
- May on occasion need to work weekends or after hours.
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues, and opportunities.
- This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with one to two (1-2) years experience. Must have a valid Texas driverÔ??s license and good driving record.
Supervision of Personnel