Position Title:Landscape Supervisor
Reports To:Director of Facilities
Purpose of Position
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing grounds.
- Directs workers engaged in ground maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Development of inventory and inspection and instruction of equipment and materials.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Authorizes use of vacation and sick leave. Also processes employee time sheets. Develops, maintains, and records information regarding employees or operation of grounds landscape department.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew. Maintains time and production records.
- Recommends and assists with campus beautification projects. Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specification standards and development of grounds landscape standards.
- Performs pesticide application and inspection.
- Coordinates with director and departmental supervisors in total quality management of maintenance department. Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Responsible for the installation of all plant material on campus grounds.
- Directs efforts to keep all parking facilities clean and free of debris.
- Directs efforts to maintain large pond on campus.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with four (4) years job related experience. Requires a pesticide applicators license. Requires ability to supervise and direct employees. Requires a valid Texas DriverÔ??s license and a good driving record.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervision of Groundskeeper I and II