Position Title:Library Services Coordinator-TAMU- Metroplex Center
Reports To:Library Director
Purpose of Position
Administers all library services to students, faculty, and patrons at the Metroplex Center Library. Responsibilities also include: working closely with the Gee library staff in the selection and processing of materials, both monographs and serials, and in the installation of new technology; supervises the operation of the Metroplex interlibrary loan system; interprets the library‚??s integrated system for patrons and assists patrons in the use of the on-line database; cooperates with the Mesquite Independent School District in the sharing of space for its professional titles.
- Provides library orientation and instruction to student groups and individuals.
- Responsible for acquisition of materials and coordinating collection development efforts with James G. Gee Library and TAMU-C faculty. Evaluates gifts and exchanges for relevance in consideration for inclusion in collection.
- Supervises, updates and maintains circulation services. Maintains reserve collection and necessary records for complying with the copyright law.
- Maintains a record of incoming periodicals and claims missing issues as needed.
- Processes new library material as received through integrated library system; updates paper and electronic reference services. Provides interlibrary loan services to students and faculty.
- Provides reference services to students, faculty and guests.
- Supervises maintenance of library materials and equipment on a regular basis, including shelving and filing library materials as needed.
- Coordinates library services with the Mesquite Independent School District.
- Coordinates activities of the Metroplex Library with James G. Gee Library
- Maintains open channels of communication with the James G. Gee Library and with TAMU-C Faculty teaching at the Metroplex Center.
- Keeps students and faculty abreast of new developments within the Library
- Compiles annual reports.
- Coordinates the scheduling of library hours each semester with the Metroplex Director and the Library Director.
- Maintains professional expertise appropriate to meet service and planning requirements in area assigned.
- Serves as liaison for TexShare program for Metroplex Center.
- Coordinates and maintains Metroplex library’s curriculum materials and juvenile/youth collection.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a ALA ‚?? accredited Master‚??s degree in Library of Information Science and three to five (3-5) years of professional experience. Must possess a high level of expertise in use of electronic products and must have a broad knowledge of library procedures. Strong organizational, interpersonal communications and supervisory skills are necessary.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises one (1) full-time Library Assistant II and two (2) part-time student assistants.