Position Title:Mail Services Supervisor
Reports To:Print Media Manager
Purpose of Position
Responsible for receiving bulk mail from university departments and university customers, processing mailing lists, and delivering presorted material to U.S. Postal Centers. Supervises all aspects of mail receipt and distribution for the University. Provides direction for the postal services and handling of all incoming and outgoing mail. Oversees the pick-up and delivery of mail between departments/buildings on campus and the U.S. Post Office in Commerce, Texas.
- Receives mail materials and mailing list information from customers. Processes mail information, generates US Postal reports required for verification, zip code qualifications and destinations for the greatest discount rates. Delivers processes mail to US Post Office in an organized and timely manner.
- Manages bulk mail center budget and is responsible for ordering and maintaining bulk mail center equipment and supplies.
- Reports to fiscal office all invoices, mailing fees and reports.
- Remain informed on new postal regulations, attend training sessions and gather information to insure proper discounts are given.
- Handles outgoing mail that must be properly imprinted with the correct postage, appropriate markings supplies and delivered in a timely manner to the appropriate federal postage sites.
- Maintains proper accounting for postage expenses on the departmental level and maintains adequate records for University control of postage meters, accounts and permits. Completes incidental posting of charges used in the general ledger.
- Keeps informed of all postage regulations and provides proper supervision of mail room facilities to attain efficient and effective use of University resources.
- Routes incoming mail to appropriate sites in an efficient and timely manner.
- Advises departments on proper use of mail facilities and provides technical advice on proper distribution of all types of mail.
- Schedules all day-to-day operations, trains and supervises all staff.
- Responsible for all customer service problems and resolutions.
- Responsible for an effective working relationship with the Federal Post Office.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years related experience. Knowledge of postal software and regulations.
Supervision of Personnel