Position Title:Multi-Media Assistant
Reports To:Title IV-E Coordinator
Purpose of Position
Responsible for supporting the title IV-E Project in tech assistance in the multimedia lab and library. He or she will be responsible for a website as a hyperlink to the Social Work web page. Other tech assistance will include Power Point presentation, CD writing, Access Database, Desk Top Publisher, Camcorder/VCR and other AV equipment.
- Provides for supporting the title IV-E program including assisting Title IV-E Director in contracting process and record keeping for the Title IV-E grant.
- Designs Title IV-E website or hyperlink to the existing Social Work web page including scanning color photos of facilities and preparing history and mission of project for display.
- Maintains web site and links providing maintenance such as preparing announcements and deleting outdated information.
- Monitors and maintains project lab and lab records.
- Assists students and faculty with software and AV equipment.
- Maintains database for project library including books, videos, and journals.
- Provides power point presentations using charts and graphs.
- Assist with desk top publishing and provides assistance with project brochure and conference brochures.
- Prepares and provides visuals for presentation packages and reports utilizing statistics from FAMIS.
- Serves as receptionist by greeting visitors, ascertaining nature of business and conducting visitor(s) to the appropriate person. Assists students, staff and others in department in order to regulate and oversee department activity.
- Answers telephone and gives information to caller or routes call to appropriate area and places outgoing calls. Schedules appointments.
- Maintains departmental files, authorizes use of same and keeps interested groups informed as to availability of materials.
- Arranges travel schedules and reservations, prepares travel applications and vouchers.
- Maintains departmental inventory by counting material, equipment, merchandise or supplies in stock and orders according to department need for business. Contacts appropriate individual for equipment repairs and performs simple preventative maintenance on office equipment.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred. Knowledge of computer software and familiarity with various types of audiovisual equipment.
Supervision of Personnel