Position Title:Multimedia Production Specialist
Reports To:Creative Services Director
Purpose of Position
Aid in the development of multimedia and dynamic media projects that will support and increase the multimedia efforts needed to fulfill the mission of the Marketing Communications department as well as the University.
- Produces, edits and publishes videos. Production includes camera/teleprompter operation, editing video footage and the complete post production.
- Sets up and operates cameras, lighting units, microphones and other equipment for field productions.
- Manages requests for production.
- Assists with web design and content updates.
- Designs and constructs lighting arrangements for studio and location video productions.
- Researches and recommends the purchase of equipment to enhance resources.
- Adheres to, implement and continues to develop university identity guidelines.
- Designs and constructs set pieces and props for studio productions.
- Assists in print design when needed.
- Evaluates products and services for quality standards. Increases efficiency by training staff in media production techniques.
- Helps in the training and supervision of student workers in the production of interactive media.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelors or Masters in graphic or commercial arts. Communications or visualization services preferred. Minimum of two (2) year of related experience in video, photography and multimedia development required. Five (5) years of relevant experience preferred. Proven ability in interface design for Web and multimedia. Working knowledge of both PC and MAC systems and utilities. Knowledge of CSS, X/HTML, Adobe Creative Suite including multimedia applications such as flash. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Experience participation in management, planning and executing marketing plans with regard to multimedia preferred.