Position Title:Payroll Specialist
Purpose of Position
Responsible for collecting and processing paperwork necessary to generate monthly and biweekly payroll. Works closely with university departments and other Payroll personnel to insure accuracy of payroll entries.
- Sets up master payroll records for all University staff, graduate and teaching assistants. Responsible for the accuracy of entries made in the BPP system for these employees.
- Verifies form 500s for graduate and teaching assistants. Form 500s are generated for each entry into the BPP System.
- Assists with updates to Prep Budget and Summer Budget as well as assists Director in processing regular faculty payroll entries in BPP
- Distributes and collects student payroll preparation reports (PPR) from departments. Records student hours, rate of pay and accounts to BPP for each biweekly payroll for approximately 500 students (work-study, regular campus and non-teaching graduate assistants).
- Assists with monthly and biweekly production and distribution of payroll checks.
- Assists other payroll personnel in verifying entries for biweekly and monthly payroll.
- Assists students searching for employment.
- Performs necessary office functions such as copying, answering phones, faxing and assisting customers.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Five (5) years university payroll experience preferred. Knowledge of BPP/FAMIS systems preferred. This is a security-sensitive position. The individual in this position is required to handle Protected Health Information (PHI) as defined by HIPAA regulations. The individual is required to handle PHI in accordance with A&M System policy and is further required to complete HIPAA training as a condition of employment, within a reasonable timeframe after the individual‚??s employment, and on an as-needed basis thereafter.
Supervision of Personnel