Position Title:Payroll Specialist
Reports To:Payroll Supervisor
Purpose of Position
Responsible for collecting and processing paperwork necessary to generate biweekly payroll for extra labor and or casual labor employees. Assists with monthly payroll to insure accuracy of payments.
- Sets up master payroll records for adjunct faculty. Maintains any changes in salary or term. Responsible for the accuracy of entries made in the BPP system for these employees.
- Verifies Form 500s for adjuncts, faculty and staff. Form 500s are generated for each entry into the BPP system. Assists in making updates to BPP as a result of this verification process.
- Distributes and collects Budget Verification Documents (BVD) from departments each month.
- Collects and processes paperwork necessary to generate payments for casual, temporary, extra labor and termination pay on each biweekly payroll. Requires entry of hours, rate of pay and various codes into BPP.
- Assists with updates to Prep Budget and Summer Budgets as well as assisting Director in processing regular faculty payroll entries in BPP.
- Assists with monthly and biweekly production and distribution of payroll checks and direct deposit notifications.
- Assists other Payroll personnel in verifying entries for biweekly and monthly payroll.
- Assists students searching for employment.
- Performs necessary office functions such as copying, answering phones, faxing and assisting customers.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Five (5) year university payroll experience preferred.. Knowledge of BPP/FAMIS preferred.. This is a security-sensitive position. The individual in this position is required to handle Protected Health Information (PHI) as defined by HIPAA regulations. The individual is required to handle PHI in accordance with A&M System policy and is further required to complete HIPAA training as a condition of employment, within a reasonable timeframe after the individual‚??s employment, and on an as-needed basis thereafter.
Supervision of Personnel