Position Title:Photographer I
Reports To:Creative Services Director
Purpose of Position
Provides advanced technical photographic skills for studio and location photography, including maintenance and management of equipment as well as archival files of work products. Writes photo captions when necessary. Aids in the development of multimedia and dynamic media projects that will support and increase the multimedia efforts needed to fulfill the mission of the Marketing Communications department as well as the University.
- Produces photographs of high quality for University publications, reports and for public relations and news stories.
- Assists with the production and editing of video footage.
- Edits and manipulates photographs as needed for news, publications and other marketing communications projects.
- Edits work submitted by others, retaining the substance of their content while enhancing its quality including photos, video and text.
- Works with director of public relations to actively promote university news on a variety of social media platforms.
- Sets up and operates cameras, lighting units, microphones and other equipment for field productions.
- Keeps up to date and maintains a working knowledge of current software packages such as Photoshop and other photo related software packages.
- Trains new employees or student workers on photo and video operations and work flow.
- Maintains photography archives and retrieves photos upon request and maintains the Portfolio archival system for university and department use.
- Maintains equipment and facilities necessary for photography.
- Assists with web design and content updates.
- Adheres to implement and continues to develop university identity guidelines.
- May require after-hour and weekend work (weekend and nighttime ball games, special awards luncheons and dinners and other on and off-campus events).
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
BachelorÔ??s degree in photography or related field. Two (2) years of experience and solid portfolio of work. Ability to use varied types of cameras, camera equipment and photo software. Must present portfolio for interviewing purposes.
Supervision of Personnel