Reports To:Executive Director of Marketing/External Communications
Purpose of Position
Provides advanced technical photographic skills for studio and location photography, including maintenance and management of equipment as well as archival files of work products. Writes photo captions when necessary
- Produces photographs of high quality for University publications, reports and for public relations and news stories.
- Photographs a wide variety of subjects, frequently using special techniques, methods and equipment. Advises on the best arrangement of materials to be photographed or angle of photos to produce desires results, and must be able to take art direction.
- Mentors, supervises and assigns photo and photo archival tasks to student workers.
- Develops and maintains a daily, weekly and monthly calendar of photo events to review with staff on a weekly basis.
- Edits and manipulates photographs as needed for news, publications and other marketing communications projects.
- Writes captions for photographs taken.
- Organizes, keeps records and inventories photo supplies and equipment.
- Keeps up to date and maintains a working knowledge of current software packages such as Photoshop and other photo-related software packages.
- Maintains photography archives and retrieves negatives and photos upon request and maintains the Portfolio archival system for university and department use.
- Maintains equipment and facilitates necessary for photography.
- May require after-hour and weekend work (weekend and nighttime ball games, special awards luncheons and dinners and other on and off-campus events).
- Advises staff and faculty on best practices regarding photographic procedures and methods.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
BachelorÔ??s degree in photography or related field. Two (2) years experience and solid portfolio of work. Ability to use varied types of cameras, camera equipment and photo software. Must present portfolio for interviewing purposes.
Supervision of Personnel