Position Title:Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
Reports To:Dean of Students
Purpose of Position
Responsible for directing and providing medical services to university students.
- Diagnoses and treats acute illnesses and refers patients as necessary to appropriate physician/facility.
- Identifies diseases of a potential epidemic nature and responds appropriately.
- Maintains liaison with athletic department and participates in the care of athletic injuries.
- Assists in the education of students as to hygiene and health habits for future well-being.
- Renders immediate first aid as needed, prior to transfer to a full-care medical facility.
- Institutes an immunization program in response to determined needs.
- Cooperates with and advises appropriate university officials in the handling of students with emotional or physical problems.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires current Texas License to practice medicine and various appropriate degree or certifications. Texas State License of general/family practice. Active/current membership in appropriate professional associations and experience working with college population, small town practice preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervise laboratory & x-ray technician and nurse.