Position Title:Plumber II
Reports To:Plumbing Foreman
Purpose of Position
Responsible for infrastructure of the Univeristy‚??s plumbing and water systems. Maintains water system and installs and repairs sewer, gas, water, steam, chill, and all other plumbing related activities.
- Performs any, or all, of the duties listed in the Plumber I position description.
- Installs, maintains, replaces, services and repairs all plumbing pipes, indoor and outdoor, with proper fittings using code compliance methods required by the state of Texas.
- Operates heavy equipment (backhoe, dump truck, forklift and, etc.).
- Maintains and services hot water boilers (gas and electrical) ranging in size from 30 gallon to 80 gallon.
- Repairs water leaks, gas leaks, and sewer stoppages.
- Oversees water treatment to maintain appropriate water quality.
- Responsible for setting and repairing of fire hydrants.
- Determines, selects and provides material take off lists for repair projects.
- Operates a variety of plumbing equipment, such as a backhoe, boring machine, compressor station, vacuum pumps, pipe fitting tools, drills and other related plumbing equipment.
- Utilizes safety precautions during trenching and other ground moving projects, by providing shoring materials, use of barricades and other safety related measures.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and four (4) years job related experience. Must have a Journeyman plumbing license. A Grade C water certification is preferred. Must be able to operate heavy equipment. Must be able to read blueprints. Must have a valid Texas driving license and good driving record.
Supervision of Personnel
Assists in the lead and direction of Plumber I.