Position Title:Plumbing Foreman
Reports To:Utility/Construction Supervisor
Purpose of Position
Responsible for all plumbing operations to include the direction of all new construction, remodel and repair jobs that involve any aspect of plumbing installation. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the University Water System.
- Oversees the installation, repair and replacement of all plumbing fixtures and related equipment.
- Oversees the installation, repair and replacement of all water distribution and sewage collection systems.
- Directs the installation, repair and replacement of plumbing and fire hydrants.
- Assists utility companies in the location of lines as necessary.
- Utilizes and updates blue prints and architectural drawings to reflect changes and denote locations of major plumbing fixtures and pipelines.
- Assists with recording and preparing reports of water consumption and equipment inventory as required by the Texas Resource Conservation Commission and the Texas Department of Health.
- Reports and supervises repair of all equipment.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels by ordering supplies and equipment for plumbing department.
- Maintains and services hot water heaters (gas and electrical) ranging in size form 30 gallon to 80 gallon.
- Coordinates work with other departments through construction phases and service repair projects to maintain a cooperative joint effort.
- Responsible for water treatment, wells, and distribution systems to assure adequate levels of water consumption by the University community.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Authorizes use of vacation and sick leave. Also processes employee time sheets. Develops, maintains, and records information regarding employees or operation of plumbing department.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with eight to ten (8-10) years job related experience. A Texas Journeymanâ??s Plumbing license is required with a minimum of four to five (4-5) years as a licensed journeyman. A grade C water license, issued by Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission (TNRCC) is preferred. Must have the ability to operate heavy equipment and have a valid Texas driverâ??s license and a good driving records, as ascertained by the Texas A&M University System Policy.
Supervision of Personnel