Position Title:Project & Process Manager
Reports To:Director of PMO and Process Management
Purpose of Position
The Project & Process Manager is responsible for providing project management, continuous improvement, and IT processes to help build an effective and highly process oriented IT organization. Positions reports to the Director of PMO & Process Management. Project & Process Manager is also responsible for providing exemplary project management support to other IT departments that are striving to meet the need of the broader University community. Specific areas of responsibilities include Project Management, Continuous Improvement (Six-sigma, etc.) and ITIL Processes.
- Manage Key IT Projects
- Manage technical projects from initiation through implementation, including: planning, analysis, and design development and implementation
- Provide overall direction for establishing project requirements, priorities, and deadlines
- Establish roles and responsibilities within the technical team, functional team, and project board
- Allocate and coordinate resources (staff, equipment, vendors, and consultants) across one or more projects
- Manage budget for assigned projects, develop and monitor project/program plans, and adjust resources and priorities accordingly
- Align business unit, technical development, and support organizations
- Establish and execute project communication plan
- Prepare and present progress reports for senior management and project board
- Train core IT staff (Affiliate Project Manager) on PM framework established for the IT Division
- Ensure Affiliate Project Managers are conforming to project management framework; provide ongoing support and coaching to help successful project delivery
- Manage Processes
- Help define, design, and develop modules of ITIL for A&M - Commerce
- Help Director implement services based on Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework/concepts
- Manage institution’s application release process; help improve it over time
- Help design/redesign work flow of IT to meet the requirements of the ITIL modules
- Monitor adherence to established ITIL processes by IT teams
- Identify IT work processes improvement opportunities (Continuous Improvement) and champion the change
- Identify business work process improvement opportunities (Continuous Improvement) and champion the change
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of PMO & Process Management
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
ā?¢ A Bachelorā??s degree in computer science or related field is required. ā?¢ 2 - 3 years of experience working in either application development or infrastructure areas required. ā?¢ At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in project management leading application and infrastructure IT projects over $300,000 in size with multiple teams is required. ā?¢ PMP certification is strongly preferred. ā?¢ Good understanding of ITIL concepts and IT Service Management quality improvement methods is required. ITIL v3 Foundation level certification is highly desired and so is previous experience in implementing ITIL practices of Incident , Change and Release Management. ā?¢ Experience with a continuous improvement methodology a plus. ā?¢ Must be well organized and an advocate of providing outstanding customer service to the institutionā??s user community. ā?¢ Familiarity with automated reporting tools (Remedy ARS, Track IT, etc.) ā?¢ Must be able to work across multiple teams and influence key constituents ā?¢ Must have proven experience in preparing process documentation ā?¢ Must be able to work effectively, and collegially, within a management team. Must be adept at working with diverse populations and be able to communicate effectively with different levels of technical and professional expertise. ā?¢ Must be able to effectively guide/lead others in the successful completion of the tasks noted above. ā?¢ Must possess the capability to work with minimal supervision. ā?¢ Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, drive and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
Supervision of Personnel
May supervise graduate assistant or student worker