Reports To:Dean of Enrollment Management and Retention
Purpose of Position
Serves as Reporting Official to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board for A&M Commerce. Responsible for knowledge of all policies, procedures and regulations related to state reporting.
- Responsible for the preparation of data, editing, reporting and certification for Student, Class, Room Utilization, End of Term, and Graduation reports to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- Monitors all data input contributing to the production of above reports to ensure accurate reporting of data for which the institution receives funding.
- Certifies official report date class rosters based on student registration data.
- Responsible for accuracy, preparation and retrieval of data for Key Performance Measures that are reported to the Legislative Budget Board through the Vice President for Business Administration.
- Responsible for accuracy, preparation, and retrieval of data for Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) series of reports that are ultimately sent to the US Department of Education
- Provides reports of enrollment and student data to Enrollment Management, Academic Departments, Academic Deans, University Administration, and A&M System office to provide framework for decisions involving recruitment and retention.
- Responsible for development, justification, and management of departmental operating budgets.
- Responsible for evaluating hardware, software, equipment and supply needs for all university academic records and registration functions. Makes purchasing decisions for the department.
- Assists students, faculty, and staff on a daily basis as the university officer charged with administering university academic policies and rules.
- Responsible for maintenance and security of student academic records and for ensuring University policies, procedures, and regulations that relate to this area are properly administered. Responsible for assuring accuracy and timely delivery of official transcripts.
- Responsible for providing enrollment and anticipated graduation date data to the National Student Loan Clearinghouse, as well as responding to students and other agencies making requests for such data.
- Responsible for NCAA reporting of eligible student athletes to ensure university compliance with all NCAA academic rules.
- Serves as liaison for receiving and maintaining TSI scores for the university.
- Responsible for development of the university academic calendar.
- Responsible for certification of documents for notarization that have been requested by subpoena.
- Responsible for assuring that the Banner System is maintained for grading, class rosters, and updates to My Leo for Faculty.
- Acts as final authority for assuring that graduation candidates meet all university requirements of a degree.
- Develops, refines, and documents processes and procedures in the student records area.
- Responsible for schedule cancellation process and notification of students and faculty. Provides the Financial Aid and Financial Services guidance with issues regarding payments and schedule cancellation.
- Responsible for reinstatement procedures.
- Serves on various university committees as appointed.
- Plans and manages all commencement activities and budgets both on campus and at remote sites.
- Responsible for development of departmental goals and objectives, long-range planning for department, monitoring and quantifying departmental goals and objectives, and fulfilling those goals and objectives.
- Responsible for making decisions on all student appeals related to academic records such as drops, adds, withdrawals, and graduation.
- Responsible for faculty requests related to student records.
- Responsible for managing publication of catalogs and schedule of classes. Also responsible for publications budget.
- Responsible for managing imaging that includes academic student records such as transcripts and transfer transcripts for the entire history of the university, grade sheets, class rosters, degree plans, and historical reports.
- Responsible for presenting all university curriculum changes to Deans Council, course inventory submission to Coordinating Board for approval and maintenance of local course inventory, as well as related Banner functions. In addition responsible for following the A&M System retention schedule.
- Primary responsibility for interpretation and Banner changes as well as implementation of Legislative requirements related to student records.
- Responsible for changes related to student records system, testing, and evaluation of RTE’s (SCT recommendation for Texas Enhancement).
- Responsible for grade processing, academic probation and suspension processing, and timely student notification of grades via and My Leo.
- Responsible for all student records and data screens in Banner. Monitors and authorizes user access of Banner.
- Responsible for centralized room scheduling for the university in an effort to increase classroom and lab utilization rates, both being key performance measures reported to the Legislative Budget Board.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree, MasterÔ??s degree preferred. Requires 5 years increasing levels of responsibility in University registrarÔ??s office. Extensive experience with student information system. Banner experience preferred. Good computer and analytical skills. Administrative and supervisory experience needed. Familiarity with University and Coordinating Board policies and procedures preferred. Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work under extreme deadlines necessary. Ability to direct staff and manage fiscal operations.
Supervision of Personnel
Associate Registrar, Assistant Registrar, Report Coordinator, Graduation Assistant, Administrative Assistant to the RegistrarÔ??s office.