Position Title:Report Coordinator/Graduation Assistant
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the preparation of data for various reports and assisting with preparations for graduation.
- Responsible for the preparation of data, editing, reporting(submission) and certification for Student, Class, Room Utilization, End of Term, and Graduation reports to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). (CBM001, 003, 004, 005, 006, 009, 00X) each semester. Assist with submitting the CBM00B.
- Assist with other reporting as requested (LBB, IPEDS, NCAA, local)
LBB Performance measures are due 2 times yearly. IPEDS includes enrollment, student-right-to-know athlete graduation rates, completions.
- Assist graduation coordinator with graduation clearance, notification to students, tickets and all other functions as needed.
- Assist with preparation for commencement ceremonies at A&M-Commerce and Navarro.
- Assist with preparation of schedule of classes, undergraduate catalog and curriculum changes.
- Receives incoming telephone calls and assists with answering questions for all of the various areas within the Registrar’s Office. Should have basic knowledge of each area to help with recurring inquiries.
- Responsible for keeping office area neat and orderly and ensuring service excellence at all times.
- Requires detailed knowledge and familiarity of all university policies and procedures.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, degree preferred. Five (5) years secretarial or related experience, or one (1) year experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in higher education. Knowledge in business communications, spelling, punctuation, office procedures and excellent proofing skills. Ability to organize and set priorities, maintain records, interpret and prepare reports and compose memoranda and letters and excellent communications skill essential. Good computer skills and knowledge needed; with ability to demonstrate word processing and spreadsheet experience.
Supervision of Personnel