Position Title:Scheduling and Technical Coordinator
Department:MSC (Student Center)
Reports To:Associate Director
Purpose of Position
Primary Event Management System (EMS) scheduler for the university. Provides technical support for events help at the student center. Primary contact and programmer for the Lutron Lighting system.
- Serves as primary advisor for the scheduling program, Event Management System (EMS).
- Advises and monitors users of EMS.
- Provides university/community presentations on EMS software.
- Provides statistical reports as to building usage, types of events conducted and number of participants.
- Provides technical support as needed for clients using the student center.
- Assists with student training on technical equipment located in breakout rooms.
- Reports any technical or production problems to supervisor.
- Primary contact and programmer for the Lutron (lighting) system in the student center.
- Assists with the Blackboard Security System for the student center.
- Maintains student and staff employee information in Blackboard for access to the student center.
- Assists and coordinates contractors for facility maintenance as needed.
- Assists in weekend and night event management.
- Attends weekly meeting with operations staff to review set-up worksheets.
- Reflects a courteous and helpful attitude towards clients at the student center.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a BachelorÔ??s degree, Masters Degree preferred. Previous experience working in a fact paced environment and strong computer skills required. Paid experience as an event scheduler and knowledge of sound and lighting preferred. Event Management experience preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Two (2) student workers working as scheduling assistants.