Position Title:Senior Coordinator of Faculty Reports
Department:Academic Affairs, VP and Provost for
Purpose of Position
Provides administrative support to the Academic Affairs Division. Works with Vice President for Academic Affairs in budgeting and personnel matters; responsible for a range of duties in the employment of graduate/teaching assistants, adjuncts and full-time faculty. Responsibilities for Banner include support services to staff and preparation of various internal and external reports. Completes other duties as assigned. Confidentiality of information is required. Operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads.
- Prepares and distributes adjunct contracts for Provost’s signature.
- Monitors adjunct hiring (making sure all credentials are on file before processing Adjunct Hiring Form).
- Maintains current faculty records to ensure pertinent documents are on file in Provost Office.
- Prepares and distributes probationary and tenure advisory forms and policy instructions to department heads for distribution to tenured faculty. This process includes gathering and compiling probationary and tenured faculty data for Deans Council, Provost and President’s review and approval.
- Prepares and distributes probationary and tenure letters to notify faculty of approved/denied probationary and tenure status. Prepares letters for Provost and President.
- Prepared faculty promotion data for Deans Council, Provost and President’s review and approval.
- Prepares and distributes promotion letters to notify faculty of their approved/denied promotion status.
- Coordinates faculty workload data with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning,
- Prepares and distributes faculty merit rating report to Provost and President.
- Coordinates with the Registrar’s Office to update faculty credentials for the online undergraduate and graduate catalogue.
- Maintains current information in faculty roster.
- Responsible for accuracy of Faculty Workload report to Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (CB008) three time yearly.
- Responsible for accuracy of Small Class Report to Texas A&M University System twice yearly.
- Responsible for accuracy of Faculty Compliance Report to Texas A&M University System twice yearly.
- Conducts surveys and compiles data requested.
- Coordinates Academic searches.
- Coordinates faculty evaluations process for Provost and Deans.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years previous related experience, preferable in higher education. Good working knowledge of business communications, spelling, punctuation, office procedures and excellent proofing skills. Ability to organize and set priorities, maintain records, interpret and prepare reports and compose memoranda and letters and excellent communications skills essential. Good computer skills and knowledge needed; with ability to demonstrate word-processing and spreadsheet and specialized computer experience.
Supervision of Personnel