Position Title:Shipping and Receiving Distributor
Reports To:Inventory Control Coordinator
Purpose of Position
Assists with compiling records concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing and shipping inventory and maintains records of quantity, type and value of University property.
- Assists the Inventory Control Coordinator with all property transfers and property deletions as requested, and on occasion may act in place of during absences.
- Responsible for all freight delivered on campus. Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies and posts new items and current items totals to inventory records.
- Assists with organization and inventory of physical plant south warehouse and the physical plant equipment and supplies.
- Assists with cleaning of shipping and receiving areas on campus such as the physical plant central warehouse, south warehouse, receiving rooms, and dock area.
- Assists with maintaining surplus inventory in the south lot.
- Assists in the coordination with various supervisors in the clean-up and accurate inventories of individual departments.
- Compiles stock control records and information such as consumption rate, characteristics of items in storage, and current market conditions, to determine stock supply and need for replenishment.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires High School diploma or equivalent with one to two (1-2) years of related experience.
Supervision of Personnel