Position Title:Sponsored Program Coordinator II
Department:Graduate Studies and Research
Purpose of Position
Position is an integral member of the Office of Sponsored Programs team. Coordinates, facilitates and monitors all research compliance activities. Serves as Assistant to each Compliance Committee.
- Analyzes, reviews and monitors IRB, IACUC and IBC protocols, applications, approvals and research records for completeness ensuring compliance with federal regulations, compliance guidelines and institutional policies.
- Develops and reviews policies and procedures related to grant and research compliance.
- Assists in short- and long-term strategic planning activities to facilitate research compliance.
- Serves as assistant to all research compliance committee such as the Institutional Review Board (IRB), Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and the Institutional Bio-Safety Committee (IBC).
- Coordinates and maintains records for the Compliance Committees (Animal Care & Use Committee, Institutional Bio-Safety Committee and the Institutional Review Board Committee).
- Distributes notices of meetings, supplies committees with pertinent information, prepares materials for Committee meetings and prepares and distributes minutes.
- Assists investigators (faculty, staff and students) with IRB, IACUC and IBC application submission process by interpreting and advising investigators on applicable policies, procedures, guidelines, federal regulations and other compliance related requirements.
- Maintains databases for each research compliance activities.
- Assigns and reviews work and supervises graduate assistant.
- Coordinates and plans outreach and education efforts to foster a culture of regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates and maintains CITI online training modules.
- Develops and supervises updates, revisions and maintenance of the Compliance Areas (Animal Care & Use, Bio-Safety, Ethics in Research & Scholarship, Bio-safety, Export Control, etc…) websites.
- Stimulates interest of A&M-Commerce faculty in research through development of workshops, symposia, newsletters and other means of communication.
- Provides assistance and support to faculty and staff regarding guidelines and regulations governing grants.
- Provides training to faculty and staff on management and expenditure of grant funds.
- Identifies and disseminates funding opportunities.
- Assists faculty in determining allowable of grant expenditures.
- Maintains database for each research compliance committee.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelorâ??s degree or 8 years of business experience. Experience in sponsored programs or research compliance preferred. Regulatory Professional Certification preferred. Specific knowledge of federal regulations applicable to research (IRB, IACUC, Bio-safety, Export Control, etcâ?¦) or sponsored programs preferred. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
Supervision of Personnel
Student workers and Graduate Assistant