Position Title:Sports Information Director
Reports To:Assistant Athletic Director
Purpose of Position
Compiles and disseminates information regarding TAMU-C Athletics and serves as a liaison between news media and general public for TAMU-C Athletic personnel.
- Compiles and disseminates TAMU-C sports news.
- Compiles, disseminates and maintains TAMU-C sports statistics and records.
- Produces and designs layout of TAMU-C athletic publications (media guides, game programs, etc.)
- Serves as primary media liaison for TAMU-C athletics.
- Updates, reviews, and otherwise designs and maintains the athletics program website.
- Understands and complies with the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Lone Star Conference and TAMU-C as it relates to media issues and publications.
- Files weekly statistical reports with NCAA and Lone Star Conference as required.
- Provides support for University Interscholastic League (UIL) events hosted by TAMU-C.
- Tracks expenditures and recommends future needs on Sports Information budget.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a BachelorÔ??s degree in Communications or related field with one to two (1-2) years experience in sports information or sports journalism. MasterÔ??s degree and 3-5 years experience preferred. Knowledge of Aldus Page Maker, Microsoft Word and Sports Statistical Software including specialized in-game packages is helpful. Solid working knowledge of football, basketball, volleyball, track, cross country, softball, baseball, soccer and golf, statistical rules and application necessary. Applicant should be familiar with NCAA rules and regulations.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises Graduate Assistants and Student Workers