Position Title:Success Coach
Department:Student Access and Success, VP for
Purpose of Position
Success coach is responsible for addressing the individual academic, financial, career, and social issues that affect the success of first-time students to the university. Performance metrics will be tied to mastery of information essential to function, retention and students‚?? persistence to degree.
- Creates purposeful interactions between students, and university to design individualized, student-centered educational plans that lay the foundation for student success.
- Provides goal-oriented advising prior to or during the first year to foster informed choices in students’ educational planning. Suggests and directs access of university resources relevant to career investigation.
- Assists students in developing class schedules based on individual student needs and previous academic preparation.
- Assists students in understanding university studies curriculum requirements and the relationship between majors and careers.
- As appropriate, provides information to students on Texas Success Initiative (TSI) regulations and available support services, as directed by the TSI Coordinator, to ensure students will be in compliance with regulations.
- Assists students in establishing goals for high levels of engagement with their own academic progress and success.
- Assumes primary responsibility for early intervention implementation and follow-up for students assigned to University College.
- Conveys implications of various policies and procedures related to academic probation and suspension, dropping courses, and satisfactory academic progress.
- Provides general information about financial aid and scholarship requirements and processes, as well as other options for financing their education.
- Assists students in addressing problems and connects them with appropriate support services on campus.
- Manages confidential and computerized student information.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Required: Bachelor‚??s degree; documented evidence of superior interpersonal skills, effective fulfillment of previous duties, and commitment to serving students; excellent oral and written communication skills and computer applications skills. Preferred: Master‚??s degree; experience working with students, student organizations, and/or academic departments/programs; bilingual (Spanish oral and written proficiency).
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises GA‚??s and peer advisors.