Position Title:Technical Services Advisor
Department:MSC (Student Center)
Reports To:Assistant Director Operations
Purpose of Position
To assist organizations and university departments with planning and implementation of multi-media, audio/visual, technical, and production needs related to the special events. To manage the University Auditorium and East Lawn as regards all program coordination, technical, sound, lighting, and safety requirements. To manage all aspects of the technical support for the audio/visual requirements in the Memorial Student Center.
- Advises and assists student organizations and university departments in the planning and implementation of the technical/production aspects of their programs/events.
- Ensures all technical, sound, lighting and safety equipment in the Memorial Student Center, University Auditorium, and East Lawn are in satisfactory working condition.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all lighting and sound equipment used in the University Auditorium as required by university policy.
- Recommends new technical, lighting and sound equipment as necessary.
- Provides management of the University Auditorium and East Lawn for all scheduled events including all contractor participation, technical, sound and lighting.
- Serves as production coordinator for both entertainment and theatrical type events.
- Serves on University committees as assigned.
- Performs other activities as necessary.
- Coordinates with the Campus Safety Officer on issues regarding public and employee safety.
- Recommends and maintains first-aid and fire extinguishers used in the University Auditorium and Memorial Student Center.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires bachelorÔ??s degree and three to five (3-5) years related experience. Emphasis in college student personnel services, radio-TV, or related field is preferred. Must have working knowledge of sound system design, installation, set-up, operation, and maintenance of 70-volt distributed, high energy multi-path, portable and permanent sound systems. Must have working knowledge of lighting systems design, installation, set-up, operation and maintenance of DMX-512, analog, Multi-Plex based portable and permanent lighting systems. Must have knowledge of electrical design, installation and maintenance of high energy portable and permanent power distribution systems in coordination with university electricians.
Supervision of Personnel
Coordinates with volunteer, student assistants and contractor personnel.