Position Title:Laboratory Coordinator - Trio
Purpose of Position
Performs professional and complex technical work associated with the installation and support of computing hardware, software and network connection for the Trio Student Support Services Program. Responsible for operating computer and peripheral equipment to process data, submit jobs, run backups, restore files, and print reports for the Trio Student Support Services Program. Work is performed under general supervision.
- Installs, maintains, and updates computers, printers and peripherals.
- Installs, maintains and updates operating systems and applications.
- Installs maintains and updates enterprise applications, file, print, virus and email services.
- Maintains security controls including account setup and configuration for the Trio Student Support Services Program.
- Analyzes complex Windows/Macintosh software application problems and researches appropriate solutions.
- Documents all work performed and keeps accurate inventory and cable records. Prepares and maintains equipment configuration documentation.
- Tests and implements new products and technologies that may benefit the program. Evaluates new hardware and software upgrades as assigned identifying strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the program.
- Maintains accurate inventory of all computers and software used in the department.
- Installs software and provides support and training for department employees.
- Maintains sufficient supply of paper, laser/toner cartridges, labels and other items needed for the efficient operation of the computer lab.
- Notifies appropriate supervisor of system errors and/or problems
- Records equipment malfunctions/repairs, system down time, preventative maintenance performed and other events in the appropriate logs.
- Manages the daily operations of the Trio Computer Lab and other computers throughout the department.
- Provides statistical data in the preparation of grants for Student Support Services, etc.
- Assist with the Trio Grant Writing Process.
- Does research and provides statistics on project participants.
- Ensures the Trio Computer Lab is clean and computer equipment is functioning properly.
- Maintains and updates operators procedure manual as necessary.
- Performs special projects as requested by the Trio Student Support Director.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree in Computer Science with one (1) year related experience. MasterÔ??s degree with two (2) years experience preferred. Requires knowledge of MS Office and computer programming.
Supervision of Personnel