Position Title:Training and Development Manager
Department:Business and Administration, VP for
Reports To:VP for Business and Administration
Purpose of Position
Responsible for training and organizational development for the University. Maintains database and monitors mandatory employee training compliance for the University.
- Assists with all training and staff development functions for the University.
- Delivers training.
- Monitors and maintains System required mandatory training functions and employee training database for the University.
- Responsible for training functions within the University related to but not limited to safety, service excellence, accountability, and regulatory compliance
- Responsible for maintaining University training records.
- Works closely with University leadership as it relates to Positive Performance Management Action.
- Responsible for new staff employee orientation and support as needed for new faculty orientation.
- Plans and coordinates employee events.
- Supports University Book Club.
- Assists with training on yearly employee evaluations.
- Responsible for the creation and oversight of an employee recognition program. Works closely with administration for implementation of program.
- Coordinates Staff Development Day including organizing registration, speakers, and luncheon.
- Development of training programs and training materials.
- Assists employees with UIN/passwords to access training data base, TrainTraq.
- Identifies new training and development needs.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree in related field. Training experience required. Experience in organizational development preferably in a higher education setting. Requires excellent communications, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with all levels of individuals both internal and external Excellent computer skills required.