Position Title:Training Specialist
Department:Business and Administration, VP for
Reports To:Manager Training & Development
Purpose of Position
Training Specialist will assist Training Manager w/all training and employee development functions for the University. Designs and conducts university employee training programs. Monitors and reports the effectiveness of training on employees during the orientation period and for career development. Involved in initial plan design and existing plan enhancements. Ensures compliance of System and A&M Commerce training requirements to include: rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Works w/various A&M System and university offices to meet departmental training requirements.
- Design, plan, organize and direct orientation, departmental, university, Systems and professional development training for university employees
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Coordinate recruitment and placement of training program participants.
- Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment, and instructors.
- Select and assign instructors to conduct training.
- Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
- Updates Train Traq Learning Management System (LMS) per A&M System and university requirements
- Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs, or to inform management of training program status.
- Keep up with developments in area of expertise by reading current journals, books and magazine articles.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the training and development career field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and must have the ability to work w/minimum supervision. Requires excellent organization skills and strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. High initiative and sense of urgency required for position. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Articulate Studio '09 eLearning Software, and Prezi a Plus +.
Supervision of Personnel